ATR-1 Class Rescue Tug / Sotoyomo Class Auxiliary Fleet Tug:
- Planned and approved as Fleet Tug AT-172
- Laid down, 24 August 1943, as Rescue Ocean Tug (ATR-99) at Levingston Shipbuilding Co., Orange, TX.
- Reclassified Auxiliary Ocean Tug ATA-172, date unknown
- Launched, 25 November 1943
- Commissioned USS ATA-172, 23 February 1944
- Decommissioned, date unknown
- Struck from the Naval Register, date unknown
- Sold in 1947 to the Panama Canal Company, renamed Taboga
- Resold in 1971 to Malcolm Marine Company, name retained
- Resold in 1974 to Hannah Marine Corporation, Chicago, renamed Daryl C.Hannah
- Renamed Daryl C in 1984
- Resold in 1988 to Selvick Marine Towing Corp., Sturgeon Bay, WI., renamed Carl William Selvick
- Resold in 1998 to Roger Rouzier, Jr., New Orleans, LA., renamed Rosa M
- Resold in, date unknown, to Marintec Towing & Salvage, Panama, name retained
- Final Disposition, fate unknown
Displacement 835 t.(fl)
Beam 33' 10"
Draft 13' 2"
Speed 13 kts.
Complement 5 Officers 40 Enlisted
one 3"/50 dual purpose gun mount
two single 20mm AA gun mounts
Propulsion two GM 12-278A diesel-electric engines, single screw, 1,500 SHP