Navajo Class Fleet Ocean Tug
- USCGC Avoyel (WMEC-150)ex
- USCGC Avoyel (WAT-150) (1956 - 1966)
- USS Avoyel (ATF-150) (1945 - 1947)
- USS Avoyel (AT-150) (1945)
- Laid down, 25 March 1944, at Charleston Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co., Charleston, S.C.
- Launched, 9 August 1944
- Commissioned USS Avoyel (AT-150), 8 January 1945 at Charleston, S.C., LCDR. William R. Brown in command
- Redesignated Fleet Ocean Tug ATF-150, 15 May 1945
- During World War II USS Avoyel was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific Theater
- Following World War II USS Avoyel was assigned to Occupation duty in the Far East from 2 September 1945 to 1 March 1946
- Decommissioned, 11 January 1947, at Orange, TX.
- Laid up in the Atlantic Reserve Fleet, Texas Group, Orange
- Loaned to the US Coast Guard, 9 July 1956
- Commissioned USCGC Avoyel (WAT-150), 3 October 1956 and assigned to Eureka, CA.
- Reclassified Medium Endurance Cutter (WMEC-150) in 1966
- Struck from the Naval Register, 1 June 1969, and permanently transferred to the US Coast Guard
- Decommissioned by the Coast Guard, 30 September 1969
- Final Disposition, sold for commercial service, fate unknown
Displacement 1,205 t.(lt) 1,675 t.(fl)
Beam 38' 6"
Draft 15' 4"
Speed 16.5 kts.
ComplementOfficers 5Enlisted 80
Largest Boom Capacity 10 t.
Armamentone single 3"/50 cal dual purpose gun mounttwo single 40mm AA gun mountstwo single 20mm AA gun mountstwo depth charge tracks
Fuel Capacity Diesel 2,275 Bbls
PropulsionDiesel-electric four GM 12-278A Diesel-electric driving four Allis Chalmers generatorssingle Fairbanks Morse Main Reduction GearsShip's Service Generatorstwo Diesel-drive 100Kw 120V/240V D.C.one Diesel-drive 200Kw 120V/240V D.C.single propeller, 3,000shp